Time & Location
About the Event
The camping will include programs for all ages, including worship, hike, bonfire, marshmallow, and lots of fellowship in nature.
· Friday evening – Campers are encouraged to bring pizza for a joint meal at 7:00 PM.
· Saturday morning breakfast – Individual meal. Campers provide their food.
· Saturday lunch – Campers are encouraged to bring one or two “haystacks” items (e.g., rice, beans, avocado, salad, salsa, etc.) for fellowship meal. For more information contact Pat Cook at 586-344-6357.
· Saturday afternoon – This meal will be provided by the Warren Adventist Church. There will be vegetarian hotdogs, burgers, corn, s’mores, etc.
· Sunday morning brunch – Bread and fruits, plus left over food.
Do I have to bring a stove or grill?
· Not necessarily. If you can, that’s nice, otherwise don’t worry.
· A couple people have already indicated that they will bring stoves or grills.
· Each group campsite there is 1 (one) grill available.
· In each individual sites there is electricity for crockpots and other devices.
· Firewood can be bought at the camp ground.
I don’t have a tent!
· The Warren Adventist Church has 7 tents available. If you need one request it to Michael Fisher at 586-675-4379.
· We have 5 tents that fit 3 people comfortably each.
· We have 2 tents that fit 5 to 6 people.
What are some activities during the camping weekend?
· Friday night – Fellowship meal (pizza) and vespers
· Saturday morning – Sabbath school and worship service
· Saturday afternoon – Fellowship meal (“haystacks”) and nature walks
· Saturday evening (starting at 6:00) – Fellowship meal (hotdogs & burgers), sundown worship, and more fellowship
· Sunday morning – Activities (including a group mountain bike ride—bring your bike) and brunch (breads & fruits)
I have a pet, am I allowed to bring them?
· Yes, as long as they stay in a leash.
I am coming just for the day, what should I know?
· Be aware that you will need to secure your park pass in order to have access to the park. Daily passes are $12.00 and can be purchased ahead of time by calling to 248-693-2432.
· We recommend people carpooling to avoid paying for more daily passes.
· Bring food item(s) for “haystacks” Saturday fellowship meal.
Enjoy your time!
- Individual Site$50$500$0
- Shared Site$30$300$0